However, if you have any questions regarding this Policy, you can contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 912 189 829.
1. Company Identification
2. Our Principles
2.1. Respect for the customer’s wishes
We respect the privacy and security of your personal data, so we ensure that the customer’s wishes are respected and that the management of your privacy preferences is autonomous, free and uncomplicated. Therefore, and if you disagree with any point referred to in this Policy, you can at any time object by contacting us at the following email address: email@example.com . We will do everything possible to satisfy your wishes and respect your concerns.
2.2. Good habits
A CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. how the personal data controller determines the purposes and means by which your personal data is processed including all applicable security measures. We guarantee that your personal data are treated in Portugal in a correct and lawful manner and in accordance with best practices.
2.3. Strict need
When processing data that can identify you personally, directly or indirectly, we apply the principle of strict necessity. For this reason, the use of your personal data will always be minimal so as not to exceed the original purpose for which they were collected and/or processed.
3. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
3.1. Personal data collected and processed by CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. , are only those that you voluntarily, expressly and unequivocally place in the forms on this website.
3.2. The personal data collected are: name, gender, date of birth, email, mobile phone, address, VAT number.
4. Purpose of Personal Data Processing
4.1. Your personal data is collected and processed by CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. , only for purposes strictly related to the use of this website, its associated services and the sale of products, carrying out the management and improvement of the Loyalty Program, direct marketing and customer support management.
4.2. A CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. always seeks to maintain the relationship with its customer and provide them with the appropriate benefits, information and relevant content related to our brand. Your data will only be processed for these specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and will not be further processed in a way that is incompatible with these. The data collected and processed are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to these purposes.
4.3. However, your personal data can also be used for other processing operations within the limits of such applications. In particular, your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- a) When you make a purchase on this website, we collect your personal data (for example, email address, delivery address, credit card number and telephone number) in the purchase form, only for the purpose of direct marketing, sale, separation and transportation of the products ordered by you;
- b) When you request assistance from Customer Support, we collect your personal data (eg first and last name, email address) solely for the purpose of providing you with the Customer Support services of the online store chesterboots.net which are relevant to this site and to provide you with the assistance you have asked for;
- c) When you register, we collect your personal data in order to simplify the preparation of your future orders;
- d) When you subscribe to the newsletter, we collect your email with the aim of offering you this service;
- e) When you browse our website, we collect cookies. Depending on your management of Cookies on our website and your interaction with us, we use some information collected by Cookies in a way to guarantee the proper functioning of the website, highlighting the adequate display of content, remembering your cart, remembering your registration, adjusting your screen resolution, to improve our offers, among others. This information includes registration data, location data, session duration, products you have selected, your equipment, your browser and your IP address.
- f) When you browse our website and then visit platforms where the advertising format exists (social networks, google and other partners of these networks) you may be impacted by ads of our brand. We will also use the data to reach new potential customers who may be interested in our products.
4.4. When collecting data, we indicate the mandatory fields with asterisks, when the data in question is needed to:
Enter into our contract with you (eg for the supply of products you have purchased on our websites / apps);
Provide you with the service you requested (for example by providing you with a newsletter); or
Respect legal requirements (eg billing).
4.5. Your personal data may be communicated to CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. service providers, for the purpose of providing the services, to judicial, tax and regulatory authorities for the purpose of complying with legal requirements.
5. Who processes your Personal Data
5.1. For organizational purposes and in order to be able to offer you the best possible service, CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA., works together with some entities outside its organization that will process the personal data of users of this website. This data sharing is strictly due to the performance of the services provided by CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA., including the sale of products.
5.2. These external entities include carriers, digital technology and services providers, digital marketing platforms, among others. The aforementioned external entities were chosen by CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA., due to their experience in data processing, the guarantees of compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as the technical security measures adopted by them in relation to data processing personal.
5.3. These external entities will always act in accordance with the instructions provided by CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA., and only for the purposes strictly necessary for their function, being obliged to guarantee data protection to the same extent as CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA.. Your personal data will be shared with these entities, in order to:
- provision of electronic payment services via credit/debit cards;
- processing of product sales;
- packaging and transportation of products;
- solve problems related to the sale of products;
- receive payments for the purchase of products;
process customer product returns;
5.4 In addition to the situations provided above, your data may be shared with third parties to:
- comply with applicable laws,
- respond to judicial and governmental inquiries,
- comply with valid legal processes,
- protect the rights or property of CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA.
Respect for the will of the customer is one of the main concerns of CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. with regard to the processing of your personal data.
6.1. Updating your personal data is essential so that we can offer you even more tailored products and services. Respect for the will of the customer is one of the main concerns of CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. with regard to the processing of your personal data.
6.2. Our communications will require your free, informed and explicit consent. If you choose not to update your contact information in our database, we are no longer able to communicate exclusive campaigns, services, products and events.
7. Your Rights
7.1. To exercise your right to access, rectify, update, block or delete your personal data, you can send a written communication to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7.2. If you wish to stop receiving direct marketing communications, you may at any time exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data, by managing the consents available in your Customer Area of the online store. You can also do this by sending an email to the email address email@example.com
7.3. If you are dissatisfied with our use of your personal data or with our response after exercising any of these rights, you have the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority (National Data Protection Commission – CNPD – Rua de São Bento , nº 148, 3rd, 1200-821 Lisbon).
8.1. A CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. uses the appropriate security measures to protect your data
against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, dissemination or unauthorized access, and against any other form of unlawful processing. Additionally, we contractually require that trusted external entities that process your personal data for us do the same.
8.2. However, CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. cannot guarantee that the security measures adopted for the protection of this website and for the transmission of data and information through this website will prevent or exclude any risk of unauthorized access or loss of data. Therefore, we advise that your computer is equipped with software devices that protect it from transmitting and receiving data (such as up-to-date antivirus systems), and that your browser takes appropriate measures to ensure security in data transmission (such as firewall and anti-spam filters).
9. Retention and Conservation Term
9.1. Your data is kept by CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. for the purposes described herein during the entire contractual relationship with CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. and for the time necessary for the aforementioned purposes, unless the personal data in question are necessary to prove compliance with obligations, while the limitation period of the corresponding rights has not expired, or if there is a longer period of data retention imposed by law.
9.2. When your personal data is no longer needed, it will be removed from our systems and records or kept anonymously so that you cannot be identified from them.
The current version was published on May 22, 2018.
10. Changes to the Data Protection Policy
A CHB – CHESTERBOOTS, LDA. reserves the right, at any time, to make changes or updates to this policy, namely to comply with legal obligations, and these changes are duly updated on the platform. We suggest that you check it regularly to be aware of any changes.